When I put up my tree I like to listen to Christmas music, drink coffee or hot tea and then snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie. I found it’s a little different putting the tree up when you’re living in Africa and it’s like 90 something outside. So this year I listened to Christmas music, drank lots of Iced Water, sweated like crazy because it was hot and a lot of work, took a cold shower and then watched the first Christmas movie of the season. There was absolutely no snuggling up with a blanket on the couch …. It’s just too hot for that!
Sadly our team had to say good bye to our friend Kaylin mid-December. Before she headed back to the US we made Christmas cookies! Making Christmas cookies just always seems like more fun when children are involved. It’s a little more chaotic but still more fun. Soooo I borrowed my teammate’s children for a little Christmas Cookie Bash. I made icing from scratch which we got everywhere (cabinets, floor, hands, hair ect). After everyone got cleaned up we enjoyed a team dinner, showed off our hidden talents of making snowflakes while eating our cookies and watching the movie Elf.
This is actually my first Christmas away from home. While
it’s different and of course I miss my parents and other family members, I find
that I am indeed with family. I have
brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces, even parental figures around me who I
am celebrating this Christmas season with. This Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
will still be filled with the most important thing of all and that is
glorifying and praising God for all that he has done. It’s a time of
remembrance of the day that unto us a child was given, born in the city of
David a Savior, who is the Christ the Lord.
He is my Lord, my Savior, my Hope, my Portion, my Rock and my All in
All.
Joyeux Noël,
Jennifer
This post made me tear up! Missing you even more this Christmas Eve. Love you! Mom
ReplyDelete