This past week I spent my first Thanksgiving overseas. I got to enjoy this holiday with the friends and family that the Lord has provided for me here in Abidjan. We gathered together to give thanks and acknowledge all that He has done for us. I have much to be thankful for: I have parents who love me and raised me up in a home that serves the Lord, I have good health, I have awesome friends and family around the world, I have never been wanting of a warm bed or a meal, I was given an opportunity to receive an education, I have a job, and most importantly I have been forgiven of my sins and am a new creation. I indeed have much to be thankful for.
Our West African Thanksgiving was complete with our favorites except for turkey. The turkey was way too expensive and still very alive. The chicken and guinea fowl taste just as good if not better and we did not have to sharpen our machete or spend the day plucking away.

![]() |
| Our Tree of Thanks in French and English |
After the meal it was time to teach our friends how to play American football. We spilt up into teams, quickly taught the rules in French and went at it. As awesome as my team was we lost horribly BUT it was fun and full of laughter. Later that evening the internet decided to cooperate just long enough for me to Skype and say hello to my family back home. It really was a great Thanksgiving.







No comments:
Post a Comment