January 26, 2013

Training Has Now Begun

Can I just say I am very thankful for the opportunity to crate and very thankful that crating is now behind me. Crating for overseas is not an easy task and it involved more work then I originally realized. I cannot imagine crating for six people like a few of my coworkers did in preparation for living overseas. I packed as much as I could fit, closed it up and said good bye. I hope to get to reopen it in a year at my new home.
 
I spent my last Sunday with my Beulah Family. I racked up on all the hugs I could get. My Church family had a sweet time of prayer for me during the morning worship service. The Deacons wives’s and the rest of my Church family prayed for me.  I felt much love from the body of Christ.

The Lord was very gracious to me and provided beautiful clear and sunny travel conditions for me as I drove to training. My second day at training I woke up to a blanket of snow on the ground.  I was very excited to see that much snow but I have no idea how to dress for it!??!  It has snowed almost everyday this week so I better figure it out quick ;)

I have had an awesome first week here at training. I have enjoyed meeting all the other individuals and families who are also here for training.  While at training I am living in a home with two families and two other singles, all of us are headed to Sub- Saharan Africa.  Two of my new friends are a couple headed to the same city as me! I was so excited to meet them :)

Our schedule is jam packed with classes and assignments to help us prepare for our new job roles. The last few days have been 12-15 hour days non –stop, busy days but good days. Pray for me as I learn how to balance time needed for me and the Lord along with socialization, work assignments, and mandatory fitness. Mandatory fitness you might ask?  Yep 3x’s a week, some type of workout or recreational play is a must for 30min or more.   Looks like I get to freshen up on my soccer skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment