January 8, 2013

Five Days in the Dome

This NYE I attended the Chick-fil-a Bowl, Clemson vs LSU. Yep, I was there in purple and gold cheering on the LSU Tigers who apparently didn’t bring their “A” game. Clemson won, we watched some fireworks, went home and did some last minute packing for Passion.
 
New Year’s Day I was back in the Dome for the first day of the Passion 2013 Conference (Jan 1-4). Passion is a Christian conference for young adults and is held at the Georgia Dome. This year 60,000 young adults attended Passion.  Students from 2,022 different universities and 54 different countries were represented at Passion. It’s pretty awesome to see and hear all 60,000 praising our Lord and Savior as one.  A small glimpse of what is to come.
 
60,000 Worshiping Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
 I was there with 10 of my crew from Beulah. We had fun staying downtown in Atlanta and riding Marta to and from the conference every day. This was the first time a few of them had ridden Marta, which is crazy since we live right outside Atlanta. Watching them learn and experience it with a few thousand other people honestly was pretty funny.  
 
Headed to Passion 2013
It's just a little Crowded on Marta

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
 
 
 
 
We were encouraged throughout the week from Ephesians 3:14-21, that our God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. We headed home with the challenge to love and share the gospel with all we encounter. There are billions who are in spiritual slavery in world today and 27 million who are in physical slavery due to human trafficking. As believers we need to share our Faith and fight for freedom, we cannot be silent.
We are in it to END it

Candel Light Vigil, Raising a Shout to End Modern Day Slavery
 I expect that next New Year’s will be a little different! I look forward to meeting the new friends, learning from new experiences and tackling all the new challenges the Lord has in store for me in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment