December 9, 2012

Christmas Is Coming, It Just Might Not Be Cold

The tree is up, the halls are decked, lights are twinkling AND it’s warm outside.  I guess this is just a way of prepping me for Christmas in Africa.  With the weather being agreeable, I went for a hike yesterday at Kennesaw Mountain with a good friend.  Melinda is my hike, kayak and anything outdoorsy buddy and I am going to miss her….sad. 

We went up the trail on the backside of the mountain, this was new to me. It is much more challenging, longer, scenic and less crowded then my normal hike up.  Why am I just now learning this? We came across a group of young adults on the trail and I was excited to hear that they are headed to Passion 2013. The Passion conference is a month away and one of the last things I will get to do with my group. I’m looking forward to it!!

Later in the evening we went to see A Christmas Carol at the Alliance Theater. The play was great and you would have to be a Scrooge to not enjoy it. It has however made me want to watch The Muppet Christmas Carol. I know it’s silly and for kids but it’s one of my Christmas movie guilty pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment