December 15, 2012

A Christmas Party and The Hobbit

Thursday night was the Christmas party for the young adults from Beulah. I have an amazing group of young adults who are on fire for the Lord and I’m excited to see what the Lord has in store for each one of them. We crowed around the table eating our hearts out, indulge in too many sweets and played games. The crowed dining room full of conversation and laughter was the perfect way into the second half of our night, the midnight viewing of The Hobbit.

Some of the Young Adults playing Loaded Questions
 
We actually had the pleasure of making our journey to the theater and back in a limousine (oh yeah we arrived in style). One of the members at Beulah went out of his way to love on the young adults, making our Christmas party extra special and we were all soooo much appreciative. 
 
 Our Limo Ride to The Hobbit
 
If you know J. R. R. Tolkien's work you know it’s not that hard to find symbolic meanings that relate to our lives and walk as Christians.  Our reactions unfortunately are at times very similar to Bilbo’s initial reaction to the task he was chosen for, “Sorry! I don’t want any adventure, thank you. Not today”. The excessive comforts and safety in a predictable life-style was holding Bilbo back from LIVING.  Yet in the end Bilbo goes on this journey, is challenged and grows along the way and it became much much more than just an adventure.   
 
While I’m currently packing and thinking about my up and coming adventure I remind myself: The safest place I can be is in God’s sovereign and perfect will.  My comfort can and will only be found in Him. I was chosen before the foundation of the world for this journey and I am not going alone, He will be with me every step of the way! Those truths don’t promise that the journey will be easy, not challenging or even always "safe"  but they are more than enough for this girl to say, Yes, I want to go on an adventure!

2 comments:

  1. It was an amazing time too enjoy each others fellowship. There are times that will be treasure from here on out. Thanks for all the memories you have given us the opportunity to have with you. The adventure your going on I cant wait too see what God has enstore for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that movie! And what a way to arrive at the theatre, eh! =D I just a had a funny thought that maybe some of the moviegoers that day who went to watch The Hobbit, thought Peter Jackson or Ian McKellen was with you guys. HAHAHA!

    Earnestine Novick

    ReplyDelete