I know, I know it’s been a long, long time since I updated
you on Life in Africa. Let me try to
give you the Cliff Notes to catch you up.
October
I went to South Africa for a work but while I was there I got
to spent a few extra days on vacation with girlfriends. We got to shop, drink
coffee, catch a few movies and drink more coffee. I also made a new friend while I was there
that I think liked me more than I liked him or her.
As you know by now Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone were hit by the largest Ebola epidemic in history. We here in Cote d”Ivoire went on high alert but Praise the Lord we still remain Ebola free. The drama, hysteria and hate stirred up by some people in the states and the media broke my heart and made me question if I even wanted to go back home to the States for Thanksgiving. Reassured by my close family and friends that they were not drinking the kool-aid of hysteria I made the trip.
November
My trip home to the states was great. It did start off a
little shaky with an Airport immigration worker who needs to revisit his geography
lessons. He needs to learn the difference between a country and a continent. But after been forced to go into the line
reserved for the three infected countries, which I do not live in nor have ever
visited, I made it back to good old Atlanta, Georgia, USA. I enjoyed part of my time in Georgia and the
other half in Orlando with family.
December
The month of December was jam packed with language, visits
from friends, multiple Christmas events and shared meals with friends. I opened my house up to 13 kidos and their
parents. We had fun decorating Christmas
cookies. While we decorated I told them about the very first Christmas story and
the Hope and Life we have through Jesus Christ.


I ended the year ringing in the new year with friends and saying happy Birthday to this cute little pup who is now 1 yr old.
Ok so that should Catch you up on the rest of 2014. I’ll try to better in 2015!









No comments:
Post a Comment