May 5, 2013

It's Been a Month

Time is flying here in Vancouver. I cannot believe I have been here over a month.  I’m enjoying getting out in the city and meeting people and sharing the Love of Christ with those I meet. I have started going to a meet up group where I am meeting people from all over the world who have come to Vancouver to work, study or escape war torn countries. I also have joined the gym/pool in my neighborhood.

The days are starting to get longer and last week was rain free! The good part of longer days and sunshine means more people are out of their homes and into the parks. It also means the Sun rises at 5 am and I wake up ready to go to early. So I have had to get creative on how to block the light from coming in through my window waking me up. 
I love spending times in parks.  I occasional borrow friends kids and head to the park. The parks have been a great place to meet people and where I have found myself having good conversations. The people of Vancouver LOVE their dogs, ever where I look are people with dogs (streets, parks, busses, restaurants, everywhere) and they have tons of parks dedicate to just dogs.  This makes me miss my Yorkie Sophie. I have to confess I have Skyped with here since being in Vancouver.
I’m grateful for every opportunity to get out with friends and explore God’s creation. I have been biking in Stanley Park which I really enjoy. I have also made it to Third Beach.  Not really the type of beach I am used to since I am truly a Floridian but hey I’ll take it. I am very thankful for a friend who took me and a few others outside of the city to explore! We went to an area called Squamish.  The drive up and back is Beautiful with bays, rivers, waterfalls, and snow caped mountains.  We stopped and watched the Kiteboarders for a while, made it to Shannon Falls and the Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge.

I’m looking forward to having my parent s pass through in a few weeks for family week.  I’ll get to see them as they stop in Victoria on their Anniversary Cruise. I am very blessed to have parents who love the Lord and have shown me and my brother what a loving, committed relationship, rooted in Christ looks like. It will be nice to see them one more time before I leave North America.  
Up in Squamish

Kiteboarders


Shannon Falls

Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge

Twin Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment